Te Rūnanga o Waihao
The role of the Rūnanga Board is to manage the Rūnanga in accordance with the directions and decisions of Rūnanga members. The Rūnanga Board has up to 7 members and includes the Chair and Deputy Chair of the Rūnanga. The Rūnanga Board has authority to make certain decisions on behalf of the Rūnanga such as:
• hiring staff;
• managing the finances of the Rūnanga;
• ensuring the Rūnanga is meeting all its obligations to Rūnanga members and third parties;
• entering contracts on behalf of the Rūnanga up to certain limits;
• running and managing Rūnanga meetings and Rūnanga events.
The Rūnanga Board provides leadership and direction for the Rūnanga and strives to support the Rūnanga members achieve their aspirations. Current membership is displayed on the Our Teams page.
Te Rūnanga o Waihao Holding Company is a charitable subsidiary co of Te Rūnanga o Waihao Inc. The Investment Strategy of the company is designed to sustain and preserve the original Pūtea Tautoko (distributions received via Ngāi Tahu settlement) to enhance and sustain the wellbeing of Waihao Whānau, mō tātou, a, mō ka uri amun ake nei.
The Primary Objectives underlying the investment policies for the Company are:
1. To ensure that the assets of the Company are investment prudently;
2. To provide inter-generational equity and obligations with regard to distribution levels over time;
3. To ensure the money is available for distribution, as required, to meet the needs and distribution policies of the Company;
This committee is charged with appointing the Rūnanga Representative and Alternate Rūnanga Representative to TRoNT . The nominees for the Appointment Committee shall meet the following criteria:
1. Be Registered Voting Members; and
2. Not be applicants in the applicable round of appointments for the position of either TRoNT Rūnanga Representative and Alternate Rūnanga Representative.