Ngai Tahu Maori Rock Art Charitable Trust
The Ngāi Tahu Māori Rock Art Trust is a tribal not–for–profit organisation established to support the Iwi and Rūnanga and their communities in the care, management and interpretation of the Maori rock art heritage of their tupuna.
The Trust is seeking a motivated and energetic individual to manage its wide ranging day to day activities, which currently span the heritage, education and tourism sectors. The successful applicant will be self–motivated and goal–orientated, and share our passion for Māori rock art and Ngāi Tahu culture.
The current operational areas include:
• Trustee support: provision of information to the board as a basis for sound decision making, ensuring appropriate policy and processes are in place.
• Maori rock art site protection: facilitating or providing practical support, research and projects that support Runanga and Iwi aspirations for their rock art heritage.
• Te Ana Ngai Tahu Rock Art Centre: development and promotion of cultural heritage products to a range of markets, delivery of desired cultural and financial outcomes.
Ngai Tahu Maori Rock Art Trust – Operations Manager Position Description
• Timaru Information Centre: delivery of financial and contractual outcomes.
Key attributes we seek for this role:
• A tertiary qualification with a commercial or management focus, or equivalent demonstrated management experience – preferably in the arts, culture, heritage or related sectors
• Excellent communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to lead and motive a multi–functional team
• Proven experience in either the for–profit or not–for–profit sectors in regard to financial management, sales and marketing management, product development and relationship management
For any questions, or to discuss the role please contact Amanda Symon on 027 231 6937. A position description is available by email. To apply please forward your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. Applications close 5pm Friday 10th November 2017.